Our Branch Offers:
- Stimulating monthly meetings with like-minded women are typically held on the fourth Thursday of the month at mid-day or early evening from September through May. Our 9th annual Local Author’s Luncheon was held on January 30th, 2016, at the Chelsea Restaurant in downtown New Bern. The February 2016 meeting will be held at Craven Community College with special guest Amy Blackwell from AAUW Colorado. Details coming soon. In March, we will sponsor the Women’s History Display at the Craven County Library in New Bern. These meetings are informal brown bag luncheon sessions – all women with an Associate’s Degree or higher are always welcome to join us! No invitation necessary!
- Interest groups having three or more members: (1) Reading Group, (2) Public Policy Pilot Program “PPPP” (online group)
- January Annual Fund Raising Event: Our 9th annual Local Author’s Luncheon was held on January 30th, 2016, at the Chelsea Restaurant in downtown New Bern.
- March Women’s History Month Exhibit at the Local Downtown Library featuring New Bern Women
- The yearly Jill Shelley Memorial Scholarship presented to a non-traditional female at Craven Community College toward her books/tuition.
- A Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Project providing an opportunity for a local middle school girl to attend Engineering Summer Day Camp for one week.
- New Programs being developed for the 2015-16 year include potential partnership with a Craven Community College student branch, and participation in New Bern’s Women in History Walk.
View our Activities tab for more information on AAUW Twin River’s current events!